Scarlet Lindsey | Civil Patriot
A couple years back I walked my best friend through a rough patch. She was married to the anti-Christ. No, really. This guy was something else. In front of people, he was a saint. But, behind closed doors he was something else altogether. Picture horns and a tail.
My friend—let’s call her Mary Anne—got the full dose whenever doors were closed. That broad, flashy smile of his would fade and she would take the brunt of his anger and frustration. Then, at the end of every tirade, he would somehow convince her that it was all her fault.
Every. Single. Time.
She believed it, too. But, then again, most people who are being gaslighted do take the blame on themselves. They are manipulated into doing so by their crafty perpetrators.
“Gaslighting is a form of emotional abuse that’s seen in abusive relationships. It’s the act of manipulating a person by forcing them to question their thoughts, memories, and the events occurring around them. A victim of gaslighting can be pushed so far that they question their own sanity. The term “gaslighting” comes from a play and subsequent movie called “Gaslight.” In the movie, the devious husband, played by Charles Boyer, manipulates and torments his wife, played by Ingrid Bergman, to convince her she’s going mad. Gaslighting, whether intentional or not, is a form of manipulation.”
After walking my best friend through this mess—and finally seeing her free of this horrible man—I’ve been paying a lot more attention to how gaslighters work. They choose their victims carefully and they never relent, no matter how implausible their story might seem.
Take the Democrats and the media, for instance. They are skilled in the art of gaslighting, after all, and they’ve chosen us (the country) as their victims.
Don’t Believe It?
Here are a few samples from recent months to convince you that their manipulation techniques are as strong as ever:
- That’s not a fire you see blazing in the video behind me! These are “mostly peaceful” protests!
- We’re not slanted in Joe Biden’s direction. 8% of our coverage of Trump is positive!
- Joe Biden is in excellent cognitive shape! He’s not really stumbling over his own words! (And if he did we wouldn’t cover it!)
- Your president is a racist. We’re going to keep telling you that until you believe it.
- Your president rigged the 2016 election with Putin’s help. Any proof to oppose that narrative will be hidden.
- Empower women! (Except Amy Coney Barrett)
- The riots are your president’s fault. He instigated them with his racism.
- Did we mention your president is a racist? He’s a white supremacist, too. There’s nothing to prove otherwise. If so, we would show you!
- Believe all women! (Except Tara Reade)
- You’re too busy to read those declassified documents yourself. We’ll tell you what’s in them.
- Populism bad. Establishment good. We promise.
- The government is locking you down for your own good. Just trust them…and us.
- You can trust the experts. And by the way, we’ll tell you who they are. Don’t believe anyone else, except the media/Democrat-approved experts.
- Of course we’re not censoring you! We’re just limiting posts to narrative-approved matter for the good of the country and the safety of its people!
- Followers of Donald Trump are fascists. We call them Deplorables for a reason. They are also White Supremacist Nationalists who are dangerous. We’ll keep labeling them as such until everyone believes it.
- Those aren’t large crowds at Trump rallies. (And even if they were, we wouldn’t show them.)
- You don’t care about immigrants if you believe in borders.
- Those are real migrant caravans. We promise.
- Cops are bad. We’ll keep showing you videos of their “innocent victims” until you believe it.
- Black Lives Matter. Unless they’re aborted black lives.
- Did we mention Donald Trump is a racist?
- Oh, and Jeffrey Epstein committed suicide.
Here’s the truth, my friends. We’re being manipulated by the Democrats and the Mainstream Media. They have their own narrative and they play it over and over until we fall for it.
The Emperor has no clothes. But the media is here to convince us he does. And many sheepish-types go on watching (and believing), completely oblivious.
The question is, will we keep falling for it, or will we garner the courage to rise up and leave that dead-beat husband once and for all? I can’t speak for everyone, of course, but it felt really good to watch my best friend be set free from the manipulation.
It will feel good for you, too.
So, turn off that television. Search for alternative news sources. Free up your heart and mind from the manipulation, once and for all.
When people learn no tools of judgment and merely follow their hopes, the seeds of political manipulation are sown.
– Stephen Jay Gould