Annie Peterson | Civil Patriot
Today I had lunch with a good friend, a fellow conservative. When I brought up the subject of Congress meeting in D.C. on January 6th, (which happens to be my birthday), she asked, “Are you going to be there?”
I responded with a hearty, “I wish!”
This led to a lengthy conversation about a story I’d read online earlier today. Apparently, there’s a hotel in D.C. that’s closing their doors to guests in the days wrapping the 6th.
Like that’s not obvious.
This, of course, raised the question: “Why?” Why shut down a hotel and completely refuse service to guests?
- Because you hate Trump supporters?
- Because your insurance company advised you to do so, thinking there might be riots after the big vote?
- Because you’re trying to make a statement to conservatives that they’re no longer welcome in D.C.?
- Because you’re getting some sort of kickback from the Democrats for services rendered?
I don’t know about you, but this whole thing reeks of censorship, from Point A to Point Z.
- We were censored by Big Tech in the weeks leading up the election.
- Trump was censored by the Mainstream Media, who refused to cover the crowds at his rallies.
- We were censored by the machines on the day of the election.
- Republican Poll Waters were censored by Democrats as votes were being counted.
- We’ve been censored by the courts every day since the fraud stories began to break.
- We’ve been censored by governors and state/county officials who seem blinded to the truth.
- Big Tech censors us if we even raise the question of the presence of fraud.
- We’ve been censored by so-called Fact-Checkers, who are all tilting to the left.
- Now we’re even being censored by lily-livered RINOs in the House and the Senate.
- And to top it all off, solid conservatives—Trump supporters, no less—are falling by the wayside, unwilling to stand for fear they will be:
- a). disappointed
- b). put to shame
- c). publicly flogged
Which raises my next question: Are you going to stand with your man? In the days between now and January 6th, will you (like so many) give up on the process, or will you (like a faithful few in my neck of the woods) hang on till the bitter end?
The pastor of my Pentecostal church loves to quote a familiar verse: “Having done all, to stand.” Loosely interpreted it means: “When you’ve done everything you can think to do and nothing is going your way, don’t you dare give up! You keep standing! Keep the faith!”
On January 6th Congress will meet in a joint session to count the electoral votes. In my humble opinion, the illegally-acquired electoral votes.
Votes that were garnered in the wee hours of the night through:
- Software manipulation
- Vote flipping
- Foreign interference
- Dead people voting
- Rigged mail-In ballots
- Date discrepancies
- Ballot harvesting
- Signature issues
- Out-of-state voters
- Unregistered voters
- Illegal immigrant voters
- Fraudulent ballots
- Duplicate ballots
- Suitcases of ballots found under tables
(Other than that, there’s no reason to think anything went wrong!)
Votes that you and I will never truly believe came legitimately for a man who couldn’t run this country if his life—or ours—depended on it.
On January 6th VP Mike Pence will preside over the count and declare who has been elected. And we have no idea what will happen next. In many ways it’s like we’ve all been sucked into an episode of “As the World Turns” and we’re reaching the cliff-hanger moment at the end of one episode before having access to the next.
- Will our elected officials step up on that big day?
- Will they stand by their man?
- Will the faithful few risk their reputations (and possibly their jobs) by objecting?
- Will a debate ensue?
- Who will win said debate?
- Will Pence refuse to accept the outcome?
- Will those we’ve come to know and trust fail us with their cowardice?
(I can almost picture my pastor waggling his finger in the air, scolding the cowards for their lack of faith.)
When the Senate and House meet in the Hall of the House of Representatives at 1:00 o’clock on January 6th, any number of things could happen. Outside, multiplied thousands will voice their support of Donald Trump. But, inside?
Well, that remains to be seen.
One thing is for sure: I’ve chosen to stand by my man, no matter what. And I’m just patriotic enough to ask you to stand with me.
Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.
Ephesians 6:13 NIV