Brock Benson | Civil Patriot
President Biden was a busy bee on his first day in office, signing order after order, and all in an attempt to completely unravel the work President Trump has done over the past four years. I had to groan when I saw the list.
- Near the top: Racial Equity. Because what good Democrat wouldn’t make an even bigger deal out of separating people groups? Racial equity sounds terrific, doesn’t it? In reality, it’s a hyper-focused division between people and gender groups. “Racial equity” is a quasi-Marxist critical theory that slices society into identity groups based on their race, gender, sexual preferences, and so on. Will it bring folks together? I don’t think so. In fact, I’m more worried it will force churches and other religious institutions into “equitable” hiring of people whose lifestyles fly in the face of what those churches believe.
- Another executive order Biden couldn’t wait to sign: stopping the construction of Trump’s “big, beautiful” border wall. All I can do it shake my head. I still don’t understand why anyone would be uncomfortable with a border wall.
- And then there’s that order to cancel Trump’s 1776 Commission (which promotes American founding values). Why?
- Oh, and an order to rejoin the Paris Climate Agreement. Because that’s such a great idea.
- And another that will do away with the travel ban President Trump implemented to protect us from terrorism. Terrific.
Here are a few more:
- Reengaging the WHO (World Health Organization), which (as you might recall) Trump quit after the whole China-virus fiasco.
- Orders to address the COVID-19 pandemic, including a mask mandate for all federal properties.
- An order to direct the federal government to review all regulatory actions taken by the Trump administration, including environmental actions.
- And then there’s that big one, which features the cancellation of the presidential permit for the Keystone XL pipeline.
Is anyone cringing yet? I know I am!
- Did I forget to tell you about the federal student loans? No need to pay those back. I’m sure this news will be a relief for students who owe multiplied thousands. Never mind the zillions of older Americans who actually worked hard to pay back their student loans—sacrificing, scrimping, and saving so that they could do the right thing.
- Did I mention that Biden plans to withdraw Trump’s order on excluding noncitizens from the census count? Yes, that’s right.
- Then there’s an order to preserve the DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) program—which grants temporary immigration status to children brought to the U.S. illegally.
- Oh, and Joe also plans to rescind a Trump directive that gave the Department of Homeland Security a broader scope for detaining and deporting illegal aliens.
Other than attempting to unravel Trump’s legacy in a day, our new President was fairly unproductive in his first few hours in office. Kind of makes me wonder what tomorrow’s going to look like.
Nope. I can’t bear to look.