Brock Benson | Civil Patriot
While we were spending the weekend resting and getting caught up on episodes of our latest stream-able shows, the folks in D.C. were busy doling out cash, passing pork-filled bills, and creating the usual chaos and confusion.
Here are just a few things that happened when you weren’t looking:
- The latest stimulus bill was passed this weekend with a price tag of $1.9 trillion. Yes, trillion.
- Prisoners will receive $ from this most recent bill.
- Senate Democrats rejected all of the GOP’s proposed amendments to the stimulus bill except for three.
- Democratic Senator Krysten Sinema voted with Republicans in declining to raise the minimum wage to $15/hour. She was later called a sexist for the move.
- Bernie Sanders has a strong reaction to the news that the $15/hour minimum wage efforts have failed, at least for now.
- An Obamacare expansion was added to the stimulus bill, benefiting richer households and insurance companies (to the tune of $34 billion).
- Multiple calls have been made against Andrew Cuomo to resign his position as governor of the state of New York after several women have accused him of sexual harassment.
- More Cuomo staffers have resigned.
- Cuomo still insists he will not resign. He is, however, writing a book about how well he handled the pandemic.
- Meanwhile the Texas border crisis is rising daily as the influx of immigrants brings in more COVID cases.
- A senior-level source in the DHS (Dept. of Homeland Security) says that they received verbal orders that limit their ability to speak freely about the border crisis.
- In Arizona, a hospital worker claims that most of their new COVID cases are from people who are in the country illegally.
- Biden is still separating children from their parents at the border.
- The U.S. Defense Secretary, Lloyd Austin, says that the United States will do whatever they deem necessary to defend its interests in Iraq after last week’s rocket attack.
- Rep. Gaetz suggests that Biden has had more attacks on Syria than he’s had press conferences.
- Jury selection has begun in the trial for Derek Chauvin (the police officer charged with murder and manslaughter in George Floyd’s death). It will be streamed online.
- ANTIFA set fire to multiple Portland school district vehicles and vandalized the headquarters of the school.
- And, in case you forgot about the election scandals, shredded ballots found in a Maricopa County dumpster appear to be complete ballots from the 2020 election.
- The GOP is pushing a bill that will allow censorship lawsuits against Big Tech giants.
- Meanwhile, on the Left Coast, the petition to recall CA’s Dem. Governor (Gavin Newsom) has collected 1.95 million signatures ahead of the final deadline.
- Oh, and Biden signed yet another Executive Order, this one giving more leeway to voting by mail. (Because we all saw how well that worked the last time around.)
- And finally. . .Speedy Gonzales and Pepe Le Pew are likely next on the “to be canceled” list.
Other than that, nothing much happened this weekend, folks.