Scarlet Lindsey | Civil Patriot
Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility.
“Who’s going to fix this?”
I hear this question daily. Who’s going to fix this very broken nation?
The answer, my friends, is us.
We’re going to fix this. We, the people. We, conservatives. We, the ones who see what’s going on and who can’t abide the control The Left is attempting to inflict on us.
We have to keep working. We have to keep fighting. We have to stand up to The Left. We have to stand up to Big Tech. We have to stand up to Big Media. We have to stand up to companies that seek to shut down conservatives. We have to speak truth, even if it’s hard truth.
- It’s up to us to cancel cancel-culture.
- It’s up to us to fix the broken election system.
- It’s up to us to re-define social media.
- It’s up to us to link arms and support conservative candidates while ousting the RINOs.
- It’s up to us to refuse to be bullied, to refuse to bow the knee.
- It’s up to us to make much of their mistakes.
- It’s up to us to focus on the economy.
- It’s up to us to pay attention to the border.
- It’s up to us to trust the pendulum, and to stay the course.
- It’s up to us to vote with our dollars.
Regarding that last one: While listening to a recent speech from CPAC I heard these words and they jumped out at me: “Stop throwing your dollars at companies that discriminate against conservatives. Vote with your dollars.”
The speaker went on to say that Democrats are better at this than conservatives are. We keep going to the same companies with our dollars when we need to be taking our business elsewhere.
That’s just one of many things we can do. I would argue that the key shift in our thinking has to be this: We can fix this. We can and we will. But it means we can’t snooze for the next four years. We have to stay in “perched and ready” mode.
The change has to begin in our thinking. No more hyper-focusing on all that’s wrong. No more fearful cowering in the corner. No more wasted moment, fretting over how others are discriminating against us. There’s no time for that. There’s no energy for that.
No, we have bigger battles to fight, and they start in our minds and our hearts. We’ve got to change our attitudes from “defeated” to “victorious.” Then we’ve got to take that new attitude and spread it among conservatives until everyone believes this battle isn’t over. In fact, it has barely begun.
Who’s going to fix this, my friends?
You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.