Annie Peterson | Civil Patriot
“Three Cheers for the Red, White, and Blue” is playing in the background as I watch multiplied thousands of people march along the streets of D.C.’s Freedom Square today, Trump signs in hand. From my cozy spot on the sofa several states away, many things stand out to me:
- The people. There are tons of them, in every color, every age, and every nationality.
- Red, White, and Blue. There’s a lot of it dotting D.C. today. I see it in the clothing, the flags, and the signs.
- Smiles. By the zillions.
- Red hats. Need I say more?
- Peaceful. People all seem to be happy to be there. . .together.
- Costumes. I see superheroes. Lots of them.
- Prayer rallies. I watched a lengthy one, filled with speeches from amazing, strong conservative women.
- American flags. Waving in the breeze.
- Signs from people representing other countries, all in support of President Trump.
- Women for Trump signs. (I don’t think they got the memo from the Dems that it’s no longer politically correct to use the term “woman.”)
- References to God. Everywhere.
- Stop the Steal signs. Everywhere.
- “Don’t Tread on Me” References.
- The word #bullshit. Everywhere. (Apparently a few people think the election results were fraudulent? Who knew?)
- Stop the Steal speeches. (Lots of cheerleaders in that pack!)
Here’s what I don’t see:
- Bricks being thrown.
- Police. If things are really as frightful as the Mainstream Media predicted, where are the officers, bracing for the worst? Oh, wait. . .this a police-friendly crowd.
They say there’s power in numbers, and I’ve always found that to be true. That’s why I draw a crowd around me when I’m going through a crisis. I’m strong alone, but ten thousand times stronger when my brothers and sisters stand with me. That’s one reason I’m so excited to see so many people converge on D.C., because they’re bringing energy to the experience. If you don’t believe it, just watch the videos of the thousands of cars, trucks, and trailers lining the highways leading into D.C., all decked out in Trump paraphernalia. Woo-hoo!
This is what conservatives need right now. . .energy. And hope. And camaraderie. In many ways, we’re like those soldiers marching off to war, arms linked, bravely facing the foe. When we’re together, we feel invincible. Pull us apart and we’re bound to crumble.
So, we’ll stick together—red and yellow, black and white, marching bravely into the night, all in anticipation of tomorrow’s big vote in D.C.
We’ll come by truck.
We’ll come by plane.
We’ll come by car.
We’ll come by train.
We’ll come awake.
We’ll come aware.
We’ll come in spirit.
And we’ll come in prayer.
And we will remain united, no matter how this goes down. Because that’s what “right” does: it sticks together for the sake of our children and grandchildren. And it never gives up, no matter how things look. We’re too sturdy to give up, and we’ve got too much to fight for, after all.