Brock Benson | Civil Patriot
It’s been a whirlwind few days, hasn’t it? President Biden delivered that rousing inaugural address, the one that Bill Clinton slept through. Bernie memes have made their way across the Internet, creating a humorous firestorm of captions. A lot of very real news stories have broken between the inauguration and now, so I thought it might be good to summarize.
- Biden started inauguration day by firing a black man. U.S. Surgeon General Jerome Adams was asked to resign. I can’t think of anything to add to that, so I’ll just leave it right there.
- When Biden got to the Oval Office he signed multiple executive orders unraveling a lot of Trump’s wonderful work. That’s discouraging.
- In other news, with his executive orders Biden reportedly killed off 52,000 American jobs in one day. FIFTY-TWO THOUSAND JOBS. . .gone. During one of the toughest seasons in our nation’s history.
- In another act of showing just how much the new administration cares about its constituents, 5,000 soldiers were moved to a cold parking garage just one day after their service at the new President’s inauguration. Before the inauguration they were sleeping on the floor in the Senate cafeteria. Unfortunately, they got the boot. Now they’re huddled in a cold parking garage with only one bathroom for multiplied thousands of them to share.
- Back to Biden’s executive orders: One of them was a demand that masks be worn on Federal property.
- Strange, then, that Biden chose not to wear a mask when he visited the Lincoln Memorial. That mandate was also broken by incoming Press Secretary Jen Psaki, and Dr. Fauci, who (coincidentally) reported that it’s “liberating” to be working with the new administration.
- Speaking of Dr. Fauci, he announced that the Coronavirus infections might be plateauing. This is nothing short of a miracle. Timely, too. I’m sure we’re not supposed to notice that this happened the minute the new President took office.
- Hey, speaking of infections leveling out, lockdowns might soon be behind us. Several Democrat-run states have suddenly decided to reopen restaurants, schools, and so on. Maryland. Massachusetts. D.C. New York. Things are opening up at last! Coincidence?
- Speaking of Coronavirus, Amazon offered to help the Biden administration with the COVID Virus Vaccine Distribution. That was nice of them.
- More news about Amazon: A judge sided with them (and against Parler), which means that Amazon is under no obligation to host the social media site.
- Hey, speaking of censorship, You Tube deleted many of the “dislikes” from Biden’s videos. Apparently they do things like that from time to time, or so they say.
- Speaking of Big Tech: They’ve given several more conservatives the boot. Michelle Malkin, Right Side Broadcasting Network and Gateway Pundit were all suspended on Twitter for violating a new “Civic Integrity” Rule. (I’m going to have to look this one up, folks. I’ve never heard of this new rule, but I can only imagine.)
- It’s business as usual in the hallowed halls of Congress. Mitch McConnell has suggested that the Senate move ahead with Trump’s impeachment trial, but wait until February to begin so that the various parties have adequate time to prepare a proper defense. I can’t believe they’re actually going there. Do they not see how divided we already are? This should drive an even bigger wedge between The Left and The Right. Just what we need.
- Speaking of impeachments, Georgia Representative Marjorie Greene has filed articles of impeachment against President Biden. Yes, you read that right: Biden.
- Not to be outdone, Senate Democrats filed a complaint Against Josh Hawley and Ted Cruz related to the Capitol violence. (If there’s one thing the Democrats know how to do, it’s make Republicans look like they’re the bad guys.)
- On the other hand, at least Josh and Ted stood up for President Trump, unlike many of our other RINO senators. You’ve got to give credit where credit is due!
- Speaking of RINOs, Lou Dobbs (of FOX News) has sent a warning to the GOP: “Those 74 Million Americans if They Continue to Be Insulted – Are Going to Say “To Hell With You!” And I think we all know what will come next. . .the Patriot Party.
- Oh, and did I mention that FIVE THOUSAND troops had to sleep in a cold parking garage in D.C.? I thought, perhaps, that tidbit was worth mentioning again.
Friends, if we have this much upheaval in the first 48 hours of Biden’s presidency, what in the world are the next 48 months going to look like? One can only imagine.