Scarlet Lindsey | Civil Patriot
They couldn’t wait to get rid of the man. They hated his demeanor. They despised his Tweets. They didn’t like the sound of his voice or his so-called orange skin. In short, they hated everything about him.
So, these anti-Trumpers—formerly solid conservatives—decided to go a different route in 2020, thinking a vote for Biden would be safer. Calmer. Less risky. If they got rid of Trump the media would calm down, the riots would end, lockdowns would cease, masks would go away, and all of those silly restrictions on social media sites would work themselves out over time.
i.e. life would go back to normal.
Only, none of that really happened, and many are now faced with buyer’s remorse for this painful decision. Not only is Biden not a centrist, as advertised, but he’s tipping so far to the left that previous Democrat presidents pale in comparison. (Did you ever think we’d say that after Obama?)
As my mama used to say, “They threw out the baby with the bath water.”
Only, now we’re all drowning.
- Sure, Twitter is calmer.
- Headlines are less titillating.
- Talk shows are more boring.
- Press conferences make us yawn.
- The media is prancing over their painted pony.
But, is the country better off? Hardly. And true conservatives know it.
So, sure. . .things will “calm down” in social spaces for a bit. I’ll give them that. But at the same moment they’re calming down, they’re ramping up as poison-laced policy arrows are aimed straight at the heart of conservatives.
Yes, even those conservatives who voted for Biden.
What must it feel like, knowing you put into office a man who:
- Ended thousands of Keystone jobs his first day in office
- Threw wide the country’s borders
- Expects taxpayers to financially handle the influx of new citizens
- Seems to applaud Big Tech for limiting 1st amendment rights for conservatives
- Is seeking to limit 2nd amendment rights for all
- Ignored the 10th amendment by supporting H.R. 5 (the so-called “Equality” act)
- Supported U.S. tax dollars for world-wide abortions
- Insists we conform to a mandatory gender-fluid narrative
- Is experiencing love and affection from the media
- Has returned us to the days of Obama. . .and then some
None of these things line up with traditional conservative principles and I’m sure many a right-leaning Biden-voter is cringing right now as they come to grips with the fact that they gave this far-leftist their seal of approval. For, one thing I know to be true of conservative voters. . .they really don’t like big government. And they really don’t like to be told how to spend their money.
Biden is doing all of the above, while removing rights along the way.
We’re not better off. And, as long as the Democrats control all three branches of government, (as well as media and tech), things won’t get any better. That’s why we’ve got to work together to formulate a plan for 2022 and 2024. Perhaps our sadder-but-wiser never-Trumpers will be ready to get back onboard the conservative train once again at that time.
One can hope.