Brock Benson | Civil Patriot
If you happened to look away from the news over the weekend you might’ve missed a story or two. Or twelve. Or twenty.
News is breaking so fast these days it’s hard to keep up with it all.
Here are some of the feature stories over the past 2-3 days in no particular order:
- The GameStop short squeeze dominated headlines on nearly every platform.
- Potential job loss numbers based on Biden’s Executive Orders are released. They are staggering.
- AOC accused Ted Cruz of trying to have her killed. (You can’t make this stuff up.)
- Biden’s administration has announced that they see “the need for social media platforms to continue to take steps to reduce hate speech.” (Yay! More censorship for conservatives!)
- Trump has a new lead impeachment attorney, David Schoen.
- The Washington Examiner compared Trump supporters to Al Qaeda. (Really?)
- As suspected, we now know that registered Democrats and non-voters were among those who were arrested at the US Capitol on January 6th.
- The NY Times blasted Biden for signing so many Executive Orders. (Say what?)
- China’s anal swab to test for COVID could be coming to the US. (That sounds like fun.)
- Fauci has suggested we double up our masks.
- The CDC has suggested folks go outdoors in the cold to watch the Super Bowl.
- Antifa terrorists who were armed with hatches took over the Red Lion hotel in Olympia WA, where they now occupy 17 rooms.
- The Democrats climate change agenda is every bit as extreme as you might have feared.
- Biden asked the Supreme Court to cancel asylum and border wall arguments.
- Biden’s nominees are sailing through the confirmation process.
- The White House might not grant intelligence briefings to President Trump.
- Pelosi and Schumer filed a resolution to allow Democrats to pass their relief package without GOP support. (You can’t make this stuff up. Their president signs more executive orders than any other president, a clear signal that the new Executive branch of government thinks they’re beyond working with others. Now the House?”
- Ken Starr says the Senate is utterly without jurisdiction to impeach President Trump.
- In a secretly recorded message, Mark Zuckerberg (who claims to be non-partisan) sings the praises of Biden’s Executive Orders.
- A California (Big Sur) highway collapsed.
- Texas lawmakers filed a bill to ban biological males from competing in women’s sports. (Go, Texas!)
- Trump was nominated for a Nobel Peace prize over his Israel-UAE peace deal.
- Before you get too excited about that last one, BLM was also nominated. Because, as you know, they advocate nothing but peace.
- The Chinese Communist party played a key role in creating social media chaos surrounding the US presidential election.
- There are claims of a coverup of COVID nursing home deaths in NY that have Cuomo in the hot seat.
- Biden reversed $27.4 billion in spending cuts proposed by Trump.
- Maricopa County will audit their election equipment.
If you get the sense that things are escalating, you are right. One can only imagine what the next week will hold. In happier news, there will be no shortage of journalistic reading material with the Dems in power.