D.J. Neeley | Civil Patriot
Have I mentioned that I’ve from Texas? Sometimes I manage to sneak that tidbit into the conversation.
Our Governor, Greg Abbott, is a Patriot. I haven’t agreed with every decision he’s made over the years but today I want to give honor where honor is due. He has earned my respect on a topic I happen to care a lot about.
No doubt you’ve heard that 25,000 National Guard troops are currently in D.C. for the inauguration. Maybe we should skip right over the part where one man, one lone man, feels he needs the protection of TWENTY-FIVE THOUSAND other men.
But never mind all that. Let’s skip to the point: Biden is suddenly terrified that some of the guardsmen might turn on him. Who thinks like that about our public servants? He has put these fine folks through a rapid-fire vetting process to make sure they’re not “radical right.”
Anyway, back to my governor. Greg Abbott caught wind of this move and was quick to decry it.
“This is the most offensive thing I’ve ever heard,” Abbott posted on Twitter on January 18th. “No one should ever question the loyalty or professionalism of the Texas National Guard.”
Amen. And. . .amen. Thank you, Governor Abbott.
More than a thousand of the guardsmen in D.C. are my fellow Texans and I’m proud of them for their service. So, it really sticks in my craw that their integrity is being questioned. It would be like questioning your pastor. Or your favorite police officer. Or your elders.
Why would you do that?
To create yet another narrative from The Left, of course. If they can question the integrity of our National Guard, they can (once again) point at conservatives as being potentially dangerous.
Here’s the official word from the Acting Department of Homeland Security Secretary, Peter Gaynor:
“I think everyone is rightfully sensitive and wants to make sure they leave no stone unturned. And given the time, given the situation, given the 6th of January, the FBI and others decided this would be a prudent move.”
Define “rightfully sensitive.” Please. Because I’m still convinced this is all just a show to make Republicans look guilty of something we’re not guilty of. I didn’t bust through the windows of the U.S. Capitol on January 6th and neither did any of my conservative friends. And yet, somehow, we’re all being blamed.
This is all pretty nonsensical to me. Remember the olden days, when people respected folks in the military? And police? And all civil servants?
As if to drive home the point that Republicans are risky business, Rep. Steve Cohen (D-Tenn.)
had this to say:
“You’ve got to figure that in the guard, which is predominately more conservatives … There are probably not more than 25 percent of the people that are there protecting us who voted for Biden. The other 75 percent are in the class that would be, the large class of folks who might want to do something.”
So, if I’m understanding you, Rep. Cohen, you’re saying that anyone who didn’t vote for Biden “might want to do something.”
I didn’t vote for Biden. Are you saying that I would want to “do something?” If so, you would be w-a-y off-base.
Are we to understand that anyone who didn’t vote for Biden has now been slotted as “the large class of folks” who might be dangerous? Because, if that’s what you think, then you really, really need to pull your head out of the sand. I don’t know one conservative—not one—who would harm a liberal. I just don’t. And I doubt my friends know any, either.
As if to drive home this point, only 12 of the National Guardsmen were relieved of their duties after the vetting process. According to the Associated Press: “because they had ties with right-wing militia groups or had posted extremist views online.”
And herein lies my biggest concern of all: They’re tracking all of us online. So, if we say anything in support of President Trump (or if we happen to believe the election was filled with irregularities) we get labeled as right-wing radicals with extremist views. Which makes us terrorists. Dangerous. Frightening. People “who need to be dealt with.”
How did we get here?
And how do we get back?
Here’s the truth, folks: This is just another ridiculous narrative from The Left. It’s part of a bigger portrait they’re painting about us. We prove them wrong by proving them wrong. We keep living peaceful, honest lives. And we stand strong, even in the face of their nonsense.
Nonsense like this.